Turkish-owned, Yasa Jupiter, a BigOceanData long-term customer, was hit by a missile in the Black Sea off the coast of Ukraine’s Odessa and called BigOceanData for urgent assistance in tracking her to safety.
BigOceanData’s team quickly reacted to enable 30 min tracking by InmarsatC. The Yasa Jupiter becoming the first confirmed merchant ship casualty of war following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine was successfully tracked to safety by the BigOceanData’s team. Well done to the crew for their seamanship and bravery.
The BigOceanData online ship tracking and management software platform can provide you with intelligence on the activity of all Russian owned, flagged, managed or operated vessels, anywhere in the world:
- Details of who owns or operates each Russian ship
- The very latest Russian vessel positions, course and speed
- Alerts when Russian ships approach ports, EEZs and other sensitive areas
- Alerts when a Russian ships suddenly changes course or takes an unusual transit route
- Identification of possible transhipment activity